4.25.2012

PINTEREST RECIPE OF THE WEEK (EGG CUPS)

Lately I have been feeling like I cook the same things over and over again. Tacos, chili, grilled cheese, tacos, chili, grilled cheese…. Okay, we really don’t just eat those three things, but you know what I mean. Sometimes you get in a rut and it’s hard to think of anything clever to cook for those hungry folks in your life. It’s kind of a drag. So, in an effort to be more creative in the kitchen and try new things, I am combining two of my loves. That would be my love of Pinterest and my love of eating (notice how I didn’t say cooking, although I do like to cook).  Each week I will (try to) choose a recipe from Pinterest and test it out in my kitchen. Brilliant, right?

Since we were having a brunch for some friends last Saturday, I decided to start my Pinterest challenge with something I could make quickly and somewhat ahead of time. I decided these egg cups were perfect. I have to admit I didn’t follow the recipe exactly…which I think is just fine.  I scrambled my eggs and lined only the bottom of the cupcake tin with bread cut from a skinny French loaf. I then topped them off with white cheddar, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary that I had in my fridge. While they didn’t look quite at cute as Ms. Martha Stewart’s egg cups, I was pretty happy with the way they turned out. Quick, simple, easy and delicious….just my kind of recipe!




No comments:

Post a Comment